What is Home Delivery Service?
The Eisenhower Public Library will deliver library materials for free to residents of Norridge and Harwood Heights who are unable to come to the Library.
Am I eligible to receive Home Delivery Service?
You are eligible if:
- You live in Norridge or Harwood Heights
- Are temporarily or permanently confined to your home due to illness, age, disability, or other extenuating circumstances
- We reserve the right to determine whether or not someone is eligible
We deliver to apartment buildings, single family homes, and nursing homes, as long as the residence is located within the boundaries of Norridge and Harwood Heights.
How do I arrange for Home Delivery Service?
- Call the Answers Desk at 708-867-2299
- Tell the Librarian you are interested in Home Delivery Service. We will put you in touch with the Home Delivery Service Coordinator, who will ask a few questions to confirm that you are eligible
- Tell us what kind of Library materials you would like. You can request specific titles or ask us to select titles for you
We will set up an appointment to deliver those materials to your home.
If you are hearing impaired you may also call the Library's TTY number.
You may also fill out a form online and we will contact you.
How do I arrange for Home Delivery Service for someone else?
We prefer to speak with the person who will be receiving Home Delivery Service directly. However, if that is not possible, we are happy to speak with a relative or caregiver who has the authority to speak on behalf of the person needing the service.