Instructions for filing a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the Eisenhower Public Library District:
Please make your request for records in writing. The Eisenhower Public Library District does not require the completion of a standard form for this purpose, but you may choose to use this form if you prefer. Please direct your request to:
FOIA Officer - Ellen Bacarella
Eisenhower Public Library District
4613 N Oketo Ave
Harwood Heights, IL 60706
Email requests to: FOIA[at]eisenhowerpld[dot]org
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions. If you wish to ask questions of a representative of the Eisenhower Public Library District, you may call the Library's Main Switchboard to be directed to the proper person.
- Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to either option.
- There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a $.10 per page charge.
- You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your FOIA request: "I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request." In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest - not simply your personal interest - and merits a fee waiver.
- Please include your name, mailing address, and if you wish, preferred telephone number(s) and/or your email address.